mandag 16. november 2009

Reflection, My Year So Far

The English lessons at Greåker vgs these months have been different than what I was used to from last year. I can see that the requirements are much higher, and the demands are visibly increasing. I have found it hard to analyze some of the texts we have worked on, especially to figure out the main themes. It's hard to find out what the author actually wants to tell us. Blogging is something I have never done before. I have read several blogs earlier, but never really published my own texts on such a webpage. It has been a bit weird, I think, but still a lot of fun. It sure is a different way of learning English!
I think I have decided to go the direction of science subjects next year, which means I will probably lose the English lessons, something I find quite sad, actually. I think it is fun to learn other languages, especially when you notice how useful they are.

To improve my English I can write more, read more and do more tasks, but to be completely honest - I think the best way to learn the language is to go to the country and live there for a while, whether you are going to school, or simply staying there for holidays. A friend of mine is thinking about going abroad next year as an exchange student. I envy him for his guts to do such thing. I bet he will have a great time, and come home as a perfect-speaking Englishman! Personally I would really like to go to the USA, but at this moment I don't think I'm ready to travel alone around the world. I hope, in some years, that I will go abroad and learn the English language. Maybe for studies during my education!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar