mandag 3. mai 2010

Nothing Beats May 17th

It beats Saturday. It beats my birthday.It beats New Years Eve. It beats Easter. It almost beats Christmas Eve. Which day am I speaking about? May 17th, of course!

May 17th is the day of pride in Norway. On this very day, in 1814, Norway got its own constitution. People in Norway, wheter you live in the northern part or the southern part of the country, are used to celebrate this special day. In Sarpsborg where I live, a parade is arranged every year, where people, mostly children, are walking a special route in the town center. People are used to dress up. Some in a special suit we call bunad, and others puts on a nice dress or costume. Unregardless what you wear, remember always to carry a flag in your hand. My May 17th 2010 in pictures:

At the beginning of the day I met some of my friends in town.
Since Greåker vgs doesn't have their own group in the parade, we joined St. Olav. I found it weird how everyone were so excited about finally 'not having to do the parade', while my friends and I found it sad - We want to walk in the parade, not watch it!!!

Some elders might even not have the oppertunity to walk the parade themselves, therefore the windows along the streets are filled with:Old people cheering with their flag from their flats. This sight made me smile, so I had to take a photo.

When the parade was over I went back home to make a cake:And then I left for Thomas' place, and stayed there for the rest of the evening. People as Ane, Elise, Sven, Anette, Henning, Ronja, Lars Ole, Marthe, Martin, Henrik and Susanne were there too.I spent a very nice evening with fabulous people! I had a great day, and unfortunately I will be extremely tired at school tomorrow. May 17th 2010 is over, only 365 days until next time...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar